* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful
1/5March 29, 2015
Reviewer: chris in West Virginia
* 1st I bought the plain bagels and didnt like them then I bought the everything ones thinking they would be better and have some taste. I was wrong the little bit of stuff placed on top of the bagel did nothing for them. Even though they are expensive I had to throw them out couldnt eat any more of them. And I have eaten low carb bagels before that were great.
These ones were just a waste of money.
* I'm sorry but even covered in whipped cream cheese these were still pretty bad. I wanted to like them.. I really did. Was a strain to consume the bag.. I kept it in the fridge and really pushed myself to eat them and not waste them. I have found low carb flaxseed bread and toasted with the cream cheese on it, is pretty good. sometimes you just can't create some things low carb and still have them to be enjoyable. I do not recommend this product.
* 5 of the 6 (Everything) bagels arrived with mold on them. This, despite the thermal packaging. I did consider the quicker service, but the price was prohibitive ($56 for 2 day shipping? really?). Even buying a bag of fresh bagels, I would expect them to be fine sitting on the counter for 6 days. These left the warehouse frozen, and protected at least a little by the thermal packaging I paid extra for, so I would expect them to at least be edible when they arrived 6 days later. This is a problem with the shipping, I believe, rather than the product itself, but honestly, I don't know that.
Editor's note: It is imperative that the customer select a shipping method of 3 days or less with the Great Low Carb Breads, especially in the Summer months. There are no preservatives added and the breads will often mold within 5 days at warm temperatures.
* I was excited to read all the positive reviews for these bagels. Being used to real bagels from NY maybe that's why they tasted like cardboard. The only thing I tasted was the onions that mostly fell off leaving the cardboard. Same thing with the everything bagels. I guess when you're desperate for a bagel, you'll try anything.