* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
4 of 4 people found the following review helpful
4/5May 21, 2011
Reviewer: Trey in New York
* I tried all three flavors available at the time (Strawberry Banana, Wild Berry, and Creamy Chocolate).
The Creamy Chocolate shake is the standout. Its flavor is better than either of the Atkins Advantage chocolate shake flavors. It's 3g net carbs rather than 2g like the Advantage shakes, but that extra carb is definitely worth it. I'd describe the flavor (not the texture, obviously) as being something like a fast-food-restaurant chocolate shake.
The other two flavors were also nice and I'll probably order them again.
The different packaging from the Advantage shakes, with a re-closeable cap instead of a foil tab, is much nicer, especially if you want to drink on the run or just want to drink some of it and save the rest in the refrigerator.
* This is the shake I prefer over the others -- yet it is never in the stores. I have to buy it here. I have one per day with breakfast. It tastes like a milky milkshake -- yet a healthy one with fiber and little sugar.
* The chocolate Day Break shake tastes great (even warm!) and keeps me full until lunchtime. I like the fat and protein profile (a good amount of fat, not too much protein) and that it does not contain any sugar alcohols.
This review is specific to Day Break Ready-to-Drink Shakes, Creamy Chocolate, 11 oz.
* I have mixed feelings about the Atkins shakes. The strawberry banana and mixed berry shakes have a VERY artificial flavor, and taste almost like liquid medicine, especially the mixed berry. The strawberry banana is creamy and if you drink it when its super cold it is not so bad, but its not the greatest either. My faves are the other version of Atkins shakes especially the caramel mocha? I think its called, and there is another coffee flavor one as well, the creamy chocolate is also good, that and the dark chocolate royal, and vanilla.