* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
5 of 5 people found the following review helpful
5/5October 07, 2013
Reviewer: Kristine in Maryland
* I replaced my usual supplemental protein shake with Almased about 1 month ago. I am in my late 40's and had given up on weight loss and had decided to focus on well being. I had been training for a 100 mile bicycle ride for months when I decided to give Almased a try. Within 1 week I had noticeable improvements in my training. My initial goal was not to lose weight, but to enhance my well being. Almased has delivered weight loss and an amazing sense of well being.
I started drinking Almased 3 times daily. Some people are turned off by the bland taste, however; it is the bland taste that makes it the perfect base mix to add in multiple flavors. I enjoy Almased in my fresh vegetable/fruit smoothie or with 1 TBS cocoa and 1/2 a banana with almond milk. I also enjoy it with PB2 peanut butter powder and 1/2 banana or flavored stevia liquid. In fact mixing with almond milk and flavored stevia gives endless flavor possibilities. Add in a few ice cubes and it is like a smoothie.
Almased is a great appetite suppressant. Since starting Almased I even sleep better and do not suffer muscle cramps.
I plan to continue drinking Almased as a training supplement
indefinitely. I would love it if I could purchase it in a larger size.
* This is a great product for fast, sustained weight loss. I lost 18 lbs in the first two months and am still going. The first 3 days are the hardest and then your body gets used to it. You are not hungry and it is convenient. I have tried many diets and this is the only one that works.
* I did not get any noticeable results from their standard "3 day diet" but it really, really helps me curb my munchies if I start my day with this shake.
I personally love the taste (pleasant tartness with a touch of sweet - think "euro-tart frozen yogurt") and never add anything except for an occasional unsweetened nut or flax milk for extra creaminess.
Mixes similar to other powders - fight a few clumps if you stir it, or use a shaker bottle.
* Love this product. Took a few tries to get the taste where I wanted. Added some vanilla, packet of Splenda, chia, and cinnamon. Also, don't forget the oil. I used coconut. Lost 4 lbs in three days. The only drawback was container is only 10 servings. Doesn't last very long. Which is fine if you just want to try it to see if it's for you. Otherwise make sure you order enough that you don't run out.