* FTC Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed by contributors of the product
reviews are their own and not necessarily those of Netrition.com. These reviews should not be taken as
recommendations but rather customer opinions of the products that they may or may not have used. Furthermore,
Netrition.com makes no warranty or representation, expressed or implied, as to the accuracy or sufficiency of
the information contributed by outside sources, and assumes no responsibility or liability regarding the use
of such information. Netrition.com does not warrant the performance, effectiveness or applicability of any
materials listed or linked to on Netrition.com.
2 of 6 people found the following review helpful
1/5May 26, 2014
Reviewer: Aliesha in Oregon
* I would be pretty skeptical of these if you are low carbing. It's primary ingredient is WHOLE WHEAT FLOUR. It's second ingredient is so-called "low carb flour" which is primarily made of gluten and corn starch. Basically, two of the three most predominate ingredients in this tortilla are wheat flour and corn starch. Do you eat wheat flour and corn starch on your low-carb diet? Probably not. Also, notice how most of the reviewers talk about how these tortillas taste just like regular tortillas or that they are SOOOOOOOO much better than other low-carb tortillas. That should raise some questions. A whole wheat flour based product is never low carb regardless of what the label says. Eat with caution or preferably skip altogether.
* Beware! There is no way these "low carb" tortillas are 3 net carbs per! I was in full ketosis this morning. I ate one Lupe tortilla with very low carb filling (chicken and a little cheese - less than 3 carbs of filling) and two hours later my ketone stick was showing ZERO amounts of ketosis. My blood sugar went from 131 to 161 in these two hours. It would not have gone up so much if these tortillas were truly only 3 net carbs per. Mama Lupe is lying and risking people's health and lives. In the garbage!
* Very disappointed in these tortillas. The taste is ok but nothing better than what I can get locally in a supermarket. The real problem is that the ones I received are all stuck together - you can't peel one tortilla off the pile and make a sandwich, you get chunks of the ones underneath it too. Would not recommend.
* I was so disappointed in these "tortillas" after making one pan of enchiladas. The product was gluey, an unappetizing brown, and still was awful after baking. Threw out 1.5 pkgs. and hope that it was just a rare problem because there really is a need for a good tortilla substitute.